Saturday, November 5, 2022

Fighting Dragons

 So this week in school we learned about fighting dragons.  Some can leave their mark.  My Covid turned into pneumonia and my sweet husband took me to Urgent Care because my cough was non-stop.  The medicine they gave has been helping.   I'm into this illness a month and realize that I was one of the few that got the long-haul version of Covid.  I don't know when I'll get my old energy back or when the hack will be gone.  It's been a battle non-stop with this dragon. 



The part that frustrates me the most is that I have a brand new store to put together and no energy to do it.  Fortunately I have some world-class help.  Evo-man and Abner have been working non-stop to help me achieve this dream we share.


Yesterday Evo-man burned 40 crates and we rearranged them and our other displays to make a Soda/Candy Counter in our new gaming store.


Here is another dragon that the previous store tenants left - this beast of a stage/closet.  Well it's a dragon I can't tackle on my own so we asked for help.


Abner put out a call on TikTok asking for help in our store.  And guess who showed up...


We were thinking we may get 5 or 6 people.  But the first wave of over 30 people (most we have never met in person) had in less than an hour and a half, washed 40 chairs, took apart that monster stage, moved the closet, painted 4 sections of slat wall, removed soundproof tiles from a display wall, built 2 Ikea tables, put up a 9 ft Christmas tree and added lights, put together dice goodie bags and so, so much more.  More and more people kept coming and offering to help so we painted another storage bin.  It was incredible how many total strangers showed up just to be apart of a store that will help draw people together through Table top gaming.  Amazing!  

So it's ok to ask for help.  Just be willing to be overwhelmed with gratitude!  We slew that dragon!


No comments: