Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Second Star to the Right Adventure!

The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart. ~Mencius, Book IV

Guess What? It’s my 300th Post. And I’m having a Blog party with presents.

It’s going to be a grand adventure. Presents and all. So grab your pixie dust, wings, or if your inclined, your pirate cutlass or slingshot and come along. Beware, This is not just any blog party. It’s a party for the Young and the Young at Heart. And all it takes to attend…

Is a little Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust.

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

I’ve been tossing this idea around for a couple of months now and seeing that summer is flying by, and sadly, there is no Holiday to celebrate in August, I don’t want it all to pass by without embracing the inner child, having fun, visiting the world of imagination and loving every moment spent with family and friends. We would love to have you attend.

Everyone is invited whether your 1 day old or 100. All you need is a little imagination and a willingness to share with other’s your secrets to staying young at heart. Some ideas might be…

* Make a fairy garden then eat some tea and cakes with them.

FromFawnGroup2-04

Maybe they’ll take you flying or sprinkle you with Pixie Dust.

Summer 045

* If that’s too tame you could cross Swords with Hook and his villainous crew. (Please remember that this is a family friendly website so nothing too dreadfully bloody.) I reserve the right to make any inappropriate party goers walk the plank.

Picture 121

* Then go in search of some buried Treasure…

FromFawn-098

* Climb Trees with the Lost Boys.

* Build a Teepee with Tiger Lily

* Dress up as your favorite character.

* Swim in Mermaid Lagoon (take care not to let them drown you)

* Build Sandcastles on the Beach

* Lie on your back and watch the Clouds (See the little fairy on the right?)

clouds

* Or sleep under the stars.

Remember all the fun things you did as a child and do them again. Smell the roses, watch the sunset. Eat Ice cream on a cone. Enjoy the little moments.

Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do. ~Jean de la Bruyere

Record your adventure and blog about it on Sat. August 22nd. We’ll have such a grand time visiting everyone. Just post a comment and your ULR below and I’ll be sure and link your party to mine on my side bar.

It wouldn’t be a party without presents so I’ll be giving away some fun goodies like this Never land Treasure box, a fairy pendant, and more to a few of my lucky party attendee’s. To see all the Treaured loot you'll need to visit this Post Here. You’ll get one entry for participating in the party. You can also get another entry by leaving a comment on Aug. 22nd to the actual party adventure.

FromFawn-105

Feel free to copy and link the invitation to your blog. Here’s a couple of different sizes you can choose from. I just right click on the image and choose the ‘save picture as’ button. Then link up.

.

Summer 830

It won’t be the same without you. Hope you can come.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. ~Albert Einstein

20 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wow, this looks like the funnest blog party, ever! I would like to join in.8-)
~Myrna
Your party post is fantastic ,(maybe I should say funtastic lol)

RavenM said...

I'm in!!

Shannon said...

I'm there! How brilliant!!

Trena Doll said...

Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! My boys are HUGE Peter Pan fans, too:)

permanentcloud said...

this sounds great! i'm in! :D

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Nothing like a blog party to get the room in shape. And you've done WONDERS! Isn't this blog party just the most fun ever! Love your space and all the goodies! Thanks so much for sharing! Come visit my place, too!

ByLightOfMoon said...

I adore your blog and your Where Women Craet Post! And what could be more added fun tha "Second Star to the Right Adventure"!

Count me in! Loving the idea!

Smiles, Cyndi

Harley Dee said...

Count me in! I've got the image on my blog and linked to this post :)

Harley
http://koalafuzz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Fawn, I don't know how I missed this post before... must've been all the stress of trying to see all of the creative spaces (tehee!)

well, I'm here now! and joining the party! I'ts going to be so fun and the kids are going to be so excited!

:) Missy
http://fairychildheirlooms.wordpress.com

Printersdevil said...

I am so in. I got the info about this from daylilly777's blog. my head is spinning with ideas. Thanks for the invitation. I am posting your button.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

What a darling idea! I look forward to it!

Cathy said...

Sounds like fun! I just added your party to my new blog www.blogeventsdex.blogspot.com. You'll find it under parties. Have fun!

Cathy ♥

Beth said...

Well, we are all so excited about this party and have been planning it for weeks now...but I just realized I never let you know we are in! So now we are official :-)
Beth

icandy... said...

Ok, count me in... I just CANNOT pass up pixie~dust, I'm really a faery at heart! :) Thanks sooo much for the invite...See you then!
Hugs, Christina!

Sara said...

I look forward to visiting all the fairy parties, even if I don't have one. But I have a flowerpot full of clover that is simply begging for a fairy house....Maybe we'll have some fun with that this week!

Shannon said...

Okay Fawn,

I'm all set to go!! See you Saturday!

Denise said...

I would love to do this...
Thanks for the fun!
Dancingly,Denise
www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

Teresa said...

I cannot be one of the party stops but I am looking forward to visiting all of them. This looks like SUCH fun!!!