Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pixie Dust and Vampires

We received a couple of surprises this week via two very different friends.

The first happened through one of my regular and beloved commenter's TINK.  She left this comment in response to a recent post.

.tinks thoughts

Princess has been dutifully doting on her new little fairy house.  Doing lots or remodeling at all hours of the day and night.     Adding flowers from my garden (with my permission of course).

Summer 461

Then I shared Tink’s message with Princess this morning.  She immediately ran outside and found pixie dust all over her flowered gifts.  

Summer 470

And even some in a tiny cup left by the fairies.

Summer 469

Later on as I was strolling by the garden I noticed a little note in the fairy house.  Yes I peeked.

Translation:  Dear Tinker Bell,

I LOVED the Pixie Dust.

And Tink,  I hope you like the artwork she left as well.

My other surprise happened to come via regular post.  I received this rather scenic postcard in the mail…

   

From the Pacific Northwest City of …

Summer 466

Scream, Snort, Giggle like a hysterical school girl.  Then I remembered I was standing in the middle of the neighborhood next to my mailbox.  Hope no one saw my giddiness.

I have an inkling that it’s a forgery.  I’ve heard Edward writes in beautiful script.  But since I have live in La-la land I’ll just pretend it’s the real thing.  Plus a retreat at a private cottage – who would pass up an opportunity like that.

Hey, don’t judge me okay.  A mom with six kids needs some form of escapism every once in a while.  Many thanks to Miss M. (another escapism mom) who sent the card to me,  on behalf of Edward.

Friends are the best!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Haha, I love it! That's so nice of Tink and Edward.

Shauna said...

Come on over and see you won :)

http://bookgiveaways.blogspot.com/2009/07/annette-lyon-and-mommy-grace-book.html

Kristal said...

Hi FawnDear, I wanted to let you know that you are the lucky winner of my giveaway of my Mad Tea Party! Please email me with your info so I can get it in the mail for you. Congratulations!

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Wow! What magical gifts. What thoughtful gifts! You are spoilt in friendship :-)

RavenM said...

How fun :)

Jen said...

Oh my word! This is FANTASTIC! (that's my word these days), but what an absolute treat to find the pixie dust photographed and a wonderful note and picture waiting just for ME! I was very surprised and thrilled! Thanks for sharing Princess's note. It's beautiful and very heartwarming!

Jen said...

Oh my word! This is FANTASTIC! (that's my word these days), but what an absolute treat to find the pixie dust photographed and a wonderful note and picture waiting just for ME! I was very surprised and thrilled! Thanks for sharing Princess's note. It's beautiful and very heartwarming!