Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dream On - Kitchen Weight Loss Secrets

Searching for that elusive secret weight-loss miracle that’s a sure-fire way to shed those all-too-pesky pounds? I’ve discovered it and I’m about to make loads of money if I can figure out how to market it.

But, because I’m feeling a wee bit generous, I’ll share it with you for free. First of all have your two year old dump baby powder all over the kitchen floor.


You’ll get an extra cardio workout while sock skating from one side of the room to the other while trying not to biff it. Then, just think of the exercise it will take to clean it up. It will be worth the effort.


Want to improve your chances of losing your craving starved appetite. Well clear out those cupboards.

Chances are if you run into a few creepy crawlies nesting in your pastas, beans and grains you will lose your cravings for anything carbs for the next week. What a perfect excuse to chuck the carbs and eat veggies. Oh, and finding some baby food that expired two years ago will be an extra incentive to avoid eating. Again, so worth the purging. You'll even then have room to store some of the stuff from the counters.

Repeat this workout often –
not just once every two year or so like me.
You’ll be amazed at how the time flies when you make the kitchen your workout central.
So I mostly got this weeks challenge of eradicating the clutter monster from my kitchen but not quite.



Yes, I did work on this part of the kitchen as well but didn't finish it enough to take some coveted after pictures. So the kitchen, well, it’s going to have to be a two week dream-on challenge because I still have the dreaded Inside of the Fridge (The Holy Grail of weight-loss unappetizing, mold covered goodies and a few more cupboards in which to locate more forbidden yuckies.

And if you need to take a break from your cleaning workout. Go round up some adventurous and crazy friends.



Then in a single morning Swim 4-500 meters across a lake in 60 degree weather, ride 14 miles up and down hills in pouring rain, waddle jog/walk 3.4 miles. Then collapse from the sheer euphoria of surviving.

And this was only the dress rehearsal. We participate in our official Sprint Triathlon on the 23rd.

So this Friday the kitchen will be done, and I'll be a lot skinnier! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Way to go! That baby powder mess couldn't have been an easy one to clean up. My pantry had to go through a complete overhaul this weekend too! Don't you just love throwing out all that old yucky stuff!

Woohoo on the Tri! My DH and I were just talking about triathlons and wondering what distance you typically swim/bike/run. I'm so impressed that you are able to do all of that! Fun photos:)

Deanna said...

WOW....way to go on the kitchen!! I had some major cleaning vibes going and was doing really good and then BAHM....they were gone.

Thanks for sharing your accomplishments!!!

Angela said...

I am sorry to here about your Brother and sister-in-law's loss. I will remember them in my prayers also.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have SO enjoyed reading through all of your adventures! It looks like you would be a fun friend to have :o)

Blessings to you!