Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reminders

Can I just say that a couple of days on the couch being lazy recuperating and watching TV has opened my eyes to a couple of shows that I find motivational.  I haven’t ever seen the show ‘Clean House’  before but if there was ever a makeover reality show I could benefit from it would be that show.  Can someone please nominate me?  Please?  I promise I could supply some really nice before pictures.  Just ask Ethel?  She comes in weekly now to help me find the floor.

I’m sorry but when you can’t even walk through your garage because stuff is piled so high then you know you need help.  Granted the garage is the last place I will organize in my house – the last dumping ground.  The place of buried hobbies, memories, camping gear, rodent infested food storage crap.  I keep telling myself I’ll get there. 

Someday.

After I feel better.

So today I’m THANKFUL for reminders like ‘Clean House’, that help me remember that I don’t always want to be a Pack Rat Hoarding Hippo.  So not only did it remind me and motivate me but I moved my achy phlegm filled body (sorry I know you didn’t need that visual) and actually did something about it.

No I didn’t tackle my whole house, or even an entire room,  forget about even a single closet.  I tackled the entry way table.  You know because if people see my immaculate entry way and front room then they won’t be clued into the the clutter monster lurking within.

Fall 636

And no I didn’t move the mess elsewhere.  I thrifted a couple of things, overflowed my recycling bin and put the other items in their proper place and…Fall 637

Tomorrow I think I’ll watch another episode of ‘Clean House’ and then I’ll attack the entry bookshelf.

Fall 639

Baby steps.  Baby steps.  I’ll get there.  Meanwhile I’m Thankful for Reminders.

7 comments:

LissyLou said...

good job!!
i've seen clean house - very inspiring!

Sara said...

I love those shows. You are great at decluttering and making things look beautiful. I think you have a really good eye for arranging things. The problem lies in the day-to-day put away.

It would be bad enough if it were just me, but I have all these "helpers" who don't put things away! Lately I've been...ahem..."reinforcing" that they should put things where they belong the FIRST time instead of just moving them out of the way to another bad place!

Anonymous said...

I applaud you! I am a clutter buster, but I know how when you get busy and behind, things pile up (LiterallY) and it takes a LOT of effort to clear it away and make it manageable again. Good luck on the shelves!

laterg8r said...

wonderful that something on tv motivates you - if you take it in small doses even big tasks get done :D

Beth said...

Yay! YOu are inspiring me! Time to declutter for the holidays...ugh!

Anonymous said...

Where and When does this 'Clean House" inspiring program come on. I could use some insparation.
Mom-ha

prashant said...

It would be bad enough if it were just me, but I have all these "helpers" who don't put things away! Work from home India