Saturday, August 7, 2010

When I Grow Up???

Well, the truth is, I never want to grow up.  However I have a potential hobby lined up for when I retire.  Who am I kidding, I can’t retire.  But, in the far future, when I’m an empty nester I would love to work for the fairies, answering their mail.  I had a sneak peak of what that future may look like.

So I’ve been keeping a close eye on the fairy door I installed at the park.  It’s been getting lot’s of love.  The Fairies I INSANELY sent out a little note to some of my local friends stating that if their wee ones left notes for the fairies that maybe, just maybe, they might respond today.  You know a one week only gig.  Then every night we stole back to the park and found treasure.

Where do they come up with these questions?

 

And the darling pictures had me grinning from ear to ear.

Even my girls left messages.  Here’s Princess who worked especially hard to make a note that would be easy for the fairies to read. 

Summer 608 

Turns out I the fairies responded to all the darling queries left behind the door (Hope I found all the notes).  I think the wee people let the midnight oil burn, as they got so involved in communing with the imaginations of children.

Then bright and early this morning Prince Erik with his trusty screw-driving strong arm (as the door had a couple of pulled out screws), accompanied me back to the park.  Once again he made the little door sturdy.  Thanks Big Guy.

Summer 642

Then I set about making some fairy home improvements, because inside this big girl body is a little girls imagination.  Prince Erik waited patiently while I played.  I cannot tell you whether or not he rolled his eyes while I babbled on though.  Super Big Thanks Sweetie.

Summer 651

What fairy home is complete without a moss carpet.  And look at the sweet treasure some little hand painted and left as a gift.  The rock is a perfect resting place for the weary fairy stopping in to take a break.  Then I sprinkled some Pixie Dust and inserted the fairies responses.

Summer 659

You can definitely tell that the fairies visited.

Summer 660

Hope the kids like it.  I swear I had more fun than they did.  And poor Prince Erik had to hear me go on and on about how I want to do this when I retire.

Now, it’s back to earth and laundry for me.

10 comments:

Marie said...

What a wonderful imagination you have. I love your idea and think of how those little darlings will feel, the excitement and beautiful dreams they'll have. Beware, the news might spread like wild fire...I can hear it now "Alert the media!".
You have a beautiful heart and I'm sure many a child will feel special for your well spent time.
Marie

Katy Cameron said...

Hee hee, that was such a wonderful idea, I think I'm going to start looking for holes in trees round here. Actually, what am I saying, I have the imagination, I just don't know any kids lol

Hope the kids all loved their replies and treasures

Jorgelina said...

Great and wonderful imagination.
Adorable idea.
Magic weekend!

LissyLou said...

oh how i miss my mum had done that when i was little, or even now!!! can i come live with you? i think your great!!

Niky Sayers said...

Congratulations on doing such a wonderful thing the world would be a much better place if there were more people as kind as you!

Beth said...

Holy Cow Fawn! You are an angel!

When I was a little girl we used to get letters from Mattie Mouse, who lived in a tree at my Oma and Opa's house in Strawberry. We would write back and put them in her little doorway. Then when I was about 11, I played "The Thing Fairy" for my younger sisters for a while. They would leave notes and tiny things for the fairy, and the Thing Fairy would write back with little things in exchange. It was so fun!

Rebecca is Thrilled by the Thought said...

Kids 'round the world are about to be so jealous because that is WAY better than a letter from Santa. So magical!

candyn said...

This is one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long time. I love this so much. You have such a gorgeous heart and imagination! :0)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

This is the most awesome and loving thing I have seen in a very long time! Thank you for doing this.

Anonymous said...

That is the most lovely, genuinely awesome thing you've done for the children. It's far time that kids were allowed and encouraged to use their imagination and have a little fantasy fun in their lives! Although, who says it's make-believe? Seems to me the fairies are alive and well in your neck of the woods! Yay what fun!