Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Inconvenient Flat???

Driving from my home to my parents can take up to 12 ½ hours on a good day. That is with minimal stops. So I figured with just myself and my three girls it would probably be around 14 hours. Not wanting to be on the road for any longer than necessary I started off around 6 a.m. If plans worked out right they would be content until my first scheduled stop in Pendleton Oregon.

Fortunately, the girls were great in the car. Amazingly no fighting, teasing, etc., how lucky could I get?

????????????????????Why did I take an exit based on less than 10 seconds of thought at only 2 ½ hours into our trip. Something along the lines of ‘I remember there being a Wal-Mart on this exit and the girls could use the bathroom (even though I had no idea if they needed to use the bathroom or not.)Still don't know why I took the exit seeing as how I my main objective was to take as few stops as possible and waste as little time in the process.

Fortunately a kind lady in the Wal-Mart Parking lot let me know that my tire was super low.

Fortunately there was a gas station less than a block away with air.

Unfortunately, after the tire was filled I continued to hear a strange hissing noise.

Fortunately Wal-Mart Tire and Lube was less than a block away.

Unfortunately, the flat was un-repairable, with a leak in the side wall of the tire.

Fortunately I was able to buy the last two tires of the style I needed for an o.k. price.

Unfortunately I had to chase 3 girls around Wal-Mart for 3 hours while waiting for the car to get done.

Unfortunately my husband had to hear the blow-by-blow account of his wife freaking out on the cell phone.

Fortunately for me he listened.

Fortunately the entire rest of the trip was uneventful and the girls were great.

Unfortunately we didn’t arrive at my parents until 12:20 p.m. their time.

Fortunately I didn't get too tired while driving.

Even though it was a pain I am sooooo thankful for those ??????????????????????????'s I don’t want to think of how it would have played out had I not taken that exit for whatever reason. The fact that this Inconvenient Flat happened where it did just helps me know there are angels watching over me and my girls.

No comments: