Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the Sixth Day of Christmas...

We finally received the snow the weatherman has been promising all week. In fact we believe we just experienced the biggest snowstorm we’ve had since moving to the northwest almost 12 years ago. The snow was even deep enough to keep our dog inside. Our house, not his. I don't think he could fit through the opening of his house right now.




The weather even kept our Christmas Elf away. Seems Rudolph was busy getting ready to pull Santa’s sleigh he couldn’t help out our wee little Elf find his way through all that snow. But they did call to let us know they’d be back tomorrow.

So, all this snow means no school now for the rest of the year. And I was so hoping for at least 3 days of school to work my sewing magic without the kids under the roof. Seems my procrastination is going to cost me some late nights.

I got six more sewing projects cut out and I’m done with the hard part. The serger and sewing machine are threaded and ready to go. Just waiting for my oldest kids to nod off. I’ve been using the phrase, You So Really Don’t Want to be On Santa’s Naughty list – so Cut That Out.’ Then I send the kids outside to play in the snow, freeze, come inside, change their clothes, then go outside again. Needless to say the washer is going full tilt.

Evo-Man has been outside more than he’s been inside today. Because he wanted to be there, not because I sent him there (Just thought I'd clarify).


Don’t ask.


I have no idea about what goes on in his head.

The good thing is, it stopped snowing, but now it’s freezing cold and they predict that it isn’t going to sneak up above freezing until mid-week of next week. Get this – it’s supposed to snow again Saturday.
Our town is at a stand still. If you don’t have chains, you stay home. And that means everyone. Prince Erik ventured out today and even in 4X4 was slipping around a little. But he made it just fine.

O.K. I think I'd better get back to sewing.

5 comments:

~Mama Cayman ;) said...

What a blizzard! It snowed like that when I was five, while we were living in Massachusetts. We had a blast! We made snow angels, snow balls, snow forts, and Snowmen-nay, entire snow families! Send all the kids out in it, and follow them with your camera...

rkimedes said...

My uncle is (theoretically) flying in to meet Miss Ivy on Saturday afternoon. I'm really grateful that we bought chains after the last big snow go-round, but even with them, I'm sort of dreading getting out of our neighborhood and out to the airport on Saturday!

Faith said...

We've only had a one-inch dusting so far this year, which is odd. We're supposed to get a nasty snow/ice storm today though. We'll see. It was "supposed" to start four hours ago...

Good luck with the sewing!

Jonathan and Cheri said...

That is funny to bury yourself, Evo?! I love it =) I can't believe the snow and now wind of 50-90 mph are headed our way this weekend - that is making me stress out way more than any snow storm :o/ Stay safe sister!!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to tell us about your Christmas donation. Please share.
We love to hear such wonderful things. That is what makes this time of year. Love, Snady