Friday, March 14, 2008

Dancing In the Stars!

Usually my husband is the definition of techno-geek and I think he will be one of the first to admit that. But tonight he did something that is my definition of romance. I’m sure some guys would still call it geeky, but they are guys who aren’t willing to go out on a limb to make their sweetie’s feel special. He get’s bonus points because, crazy as it sounds, the whole thing was his idea.
What romantic move did he pull out of his bag of tricks? Dance lessons. Now mind you, this magic bag of tricks is getting a little small and doesn’t get that much use, but every now and then he can find some real magic and pull out just what I need. He signed us up for Ballroom dance lessons at our Saved-our-Bacon, in more ways than one, Pro Sports Club. So we will get two lessons this month and two next month.
Tonight we learned basics in the Foxtrot, Waltz, and Swing. I think Prince Erik and I had a little bit easier time than some of the other couples due to the fact that we took a similar class back when we were in college. And even though we figured that it was a smidgen under 20 years ago, those old moves seemed much easier to grasp the second time around.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m all thumbs and left feet and as klutzy as they come. My feet grab carpet more than the normal person. But I’ve got a little bit of rhythm and more importantly, my soul can dance beautifully. I don’t know if my soul will ever get my body to follow along and look as good, but it still feels good to be in the arms of my Prince and bust a groove. I just remember not to look in the floor to ceiling mirrors surrounding the Studio where the classes are. I’m sure that would be humiliating, especially with our lack of fashion sense added in to boot. However, my imagination provides a much better and more graceful picture of how I feel we look while dancing.
So Dancing with the Stars, Eat your heart out! Because when I dance I’m Dancing in the Stars. Oh, how corny sounding can I get? I’d better go to bed soon before I embarrass myself. And thanks Prince Erik for a little magic every once in a while.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Way to go, Prince Erik! I am impressed. Have fun!!!

Trena Doll said...

Wow - what a great surprise! PE definitely gets bonus points for this one!

Mel said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! What a great man you have there:)

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Way to go Prince Erik!!!
Enjoy, FawnDear!!

~Susan:)