Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Numbers...

200… Average Buck-a-roo’s spent on gas each week for the past 4 weeks. The Tank I drive is a Gas Sucker. And this amount is after my husband averaged riding the bus for two days a week so I could drive the more fuel - efficient car. I think a horse might be cheaper to feed than our vehicles. Maybe we should go back to the horse and buggy.
2… days left of Evo-man’s Fitness Class. After which the before-mentioned $200 should drop by over half. I hope?!?
4… hours of sleep I got last night.
2… how many loafs of bread my kids chowed today.
36… minutes it took to find Itchy (dog) after she ran away from home.
3… zits. I confess they are mine – when will I grow out of adult acne? Oh yeah, when I give up the blasted chocolate.
48… minutes it took all my kids to get in bed after they were sent to bed. And this was a good night.
7… loads of laundry completed today.
6… loads of laundry that I didn’t complete today. I lie not.
0… number of things I got crossed off my to-do list.
40… minutes spent on the exercise bike.
4… Daffodils that bloomed in my front yard today. I’ll spare you the weed count- only because it would probably take me a week to count them.
A Gazillion… blessings received from being a mom. Most of those I’m probably not really aware of.

4 comments:

Trena Doll said...

Great job! You really should add the laundry loads completed & time spent working out to your to-do list...just for the pleasure of crossing them off. Some days I make a list of things I've already done, just so I can cross them off and feel some sense of accomplishment. Got out of bed? Check. Showered? Check...you get the idea.

Oh, and bonus points for finding Itchy in under an hour. :)

Anonymous said...

I regularly fail to achieve my goal of completing the three loads of laundry a day that are required to keep this household's patrons treading water in the clean clothes department. Getting seven finished in one day earns you a medal in my book! I agree with trena doll, write it on your To-Do list and cross it off now. I can attest to the incredible sense of accomplishment derived from the post-completion task add with simultaneous cross off—bizarre though that may be! ;)

~Susan:)

Susanne said...

Yes, I agree! That many loads of laundry in one day is a serious accomplishment, so you should definitely get credit for it on your to-do list! I can barely manage two loads in one day. And half the time one of the loads ends up getting forgotten in the dryer. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I just found this blog and I love your "numbers". You amaze me with how you really do get done every day. Believe it! Dream it and it will happen!! SingleMom2