Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ups and Downs

Here are some of my ups and downs for today. I guess it's good that there is opposition in all things. That way we can really appreciate the great things that happen, no matter how little.

Up: Receiving a surprise St. Patrick’s Day package from Trenadoll.


Thanks, I think I’ll wear the shirt every other day until the 17th. That will give me at least evey one day in between to throw it in the wash. Makes me want to put on some Irish Dance Jiggy Music and start attacking that clutter monster again.

Down: Oh, that's right the clutter monster has made a roaring comeback during the later-end of February when the kid's creativity kicked into high gear. Also still craving my exiled novels but glad they're not in the house to distract me.

Up: Finding this amazing package of Ooey Gooey Chocolatey Chewy Brownie Mix that is almost 100% more healthy than any other brownie mix out there.

Just Substitute the 1/3 cup oil that it calls for with applesauce and you’ve got the perfect birthday treat for you kid to take to school. Less than 90 calories and less than 2 grams of fat per serving.

Which reminds me... Here is my first revised St. Patrick’s Day recipe and it involves the above mix. Make the brownies with applesauce of course in a 9 by 13 pan. Cool. Mix together 1 sm. container of plain yogurt, 1 sm. pkg. of sugar-free vanilla pudding, 1/2 cup of skim milk or plain soy milk, ½ tsp peppermint extract, 2 drops green food coloring. Smooth mint layer on top of brownies and chill in the fridge. Opt. If you want to add extra calories then slowly melt ¾ cup chocolate chips mixed with 3 TB butter. Spread chocolate mixture on top of chilled mint layer. Of course chill again.

Down: It costs over $6 buck-a-roo's a package. Drat it’s still chocolate and I still can’t have it. Double-Darn those tremors. At least I don’t feel too guilty giving it to my kids. Just a little expensive lick please.

Up: Bought tickets to an upcoming book signing by the author of the Twilight series.

Down: The book signing is over four hours from my home and I have to wait until May. I still can’t believe I did that-I know this means I'm officially insane.

Up: My son hit All-Star status (goal weight) at his 20/20 kids program. Ya-ho!!! He has done so awesome. The sports club even wants to feature him in their magazine. Look out Hollywood here he comes.

Down: Watching him pig out on carbs this evening and realizing that I can’t police his food. This has to be his choice. It’s still hard to not try and step in. Still hard to see my kids making my same mistakes.

Up: Getting ready for my Favorite Holiday’s St. Patrick’s Day and Easter. Today I pulled out my favorite Easter book that is chuck full of a week’s worth of Christ-centered Easter Activities for the whole family. Love it!


Down: My favorite Holidays are next week and I’ve still got a ton to do before they arrive. Wish me luck! On second thought, maybe the little people will bring some my way.


Up: All the kids in bed before 9:00 p.m.


Down: No they aren't, and it's after 10:00 p.m. and they still keep getting up. I guess I'd better go hog-tie them so they won't get up, and read them an ubber scary story about the haunted hallway. Kidding, of course, or maybe not.

3 comments:

Trena Doll said...

Yay - it arrived!
I remember your Easter book. Didn't you and the girlies have an Easter Feast with me that year when I was living in that little spider-infested basement apartment?
Good times!

jenibug said...

I'm honored that you read my blog and I got a comment! I barely knew your husband because he seemed "so" much older than me when I was 12 and I also found him very intimidating! Funny thing is I think my husband is also his age!
I may try the spider in the soup idea, that's pretty good.
Love the ups and downs. I have to keep reminding myself that they are part of life.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine did a "hands on" Easter lesson with her kids with... interesting results. Seems like something that might be do-able with... well the younger girls, at least, although your results might be even more interesting than hers :-)
http://cabin77.livejournal.com/142862.html