Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't mess with Leprechauns...

Or they might mess with you...

I don’t know how I offended the wee folks but this St. Patrick’s day they were full of more mischievous mischief than normal for our home. Poor Hope got the brunt of their tricks.
Starting Sunday night while I was gone to my older son's choir Easter devotional, the wee folks temporarily cast a charm on Prince Erik so that he would forget to wake up Hope from her afternoon nap. Over three hours later at 7:30 p.m. they released the spell, Prince Erik came to his senses, but the damage was done. Hope wasn’t even remotely tired until midnight.
This of course came back to bite the little people and they became a wee bit cranky because they couldn’t collect their boxes when the moon’s light (through thick cloud layer and pelting rain) was brand new and brightest. Since they had to wait until after Hope went nighty-night they didn’t have the energy to leave a trail of leaves for the kids to follow. I don’t know how they managed to come at all because Hope got up several times during the night. She must be more sensitive to their soundless noise than I am. Regardless I was one cranky big person by morning.


My little ones were able to find the treasure regardless of the lack of trail. See Lea and Princess had no problem finding Princess's box.


And their goodies were stellar as always.



I still don’t know how the wee ones hefted up Evo-man’s box and hid it in the microwave. They must be packing some pretty magically powerful muscles and managed just the same.
But the mischief was just beginning...



They clogged my sink with food bits of leftover corned beef and cabbage.

They possessed Hope to decorate her body with Celtic scribbles.



They made my babysitter’s kids sick at the last minute so I had to take Hope with me to see my Young & Gorgeous counselor.

And get this while I was meeting with Y & G they decided to do the unthinkable and sabotage Hopes diaper so that she would leak all over the comfy couch. UGH!!!
Other than that they were very nice and I still love St. Patrick’s Day. However I need to do something to appease the little flaming wee folks so that next year they will dole out more good luck than bad.

3 comments:

Trena Doll said...

It's true - whenever you're dealing with a demographic with such a pronounced predilection for mischief, you're well advised to use caution - and carry extra wipes.

Susanne said...

I love that you guys celebrate St Patrick's Day!!! I totally want to start that with my kids... But hey, there is this blog that I read on a regular basis because she's such an amazing photographer, and she bought the coolest little fairy doors on Etsy. You have to check out this link and look at them on Etsy. So cool! I think I might buy one. :-) Here's the link to her blog: http://angelacalderon.com/blog/2008/03/17/the-leprechauns-stopped-by/

fawndear said...

Thanks for the link.
We also have a Fairy celebration in May, Fairy Tree and all. Although it's mostly something the girls and I enjoy doing. I think the boys have grown too big to admit they have anything to do with it. I'll tell more about that one later. I can't get enough of these little imaginative creatures.