Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Magic by Moonlight

 3351

Well the wee folk didn’t forget us.  Monday night the children laid out their Leprechaun Treasure boxes on the windowsills. 

 3319

Hoping that the magic of the fairy moonlight would filter through our ever constant cloud layer, and that the Leprechauns would find our home through the haze.

moonlight magic

And sometime overnight our little guests found the children’s boxes, spirited them away, and left a magical trail throughout the house.

3326

They visited our resident leprechauns.

3329

Leaving their trail of magic, pixie dust and wonder in their wake.

   3357

They even visited Lea’s little Fairy House.

 3332

And hid her treasure box behind the abode.

3334

The Leprechauns couldn’t resist doing a very quite (as to not wake the humans) Irish jig on the piano.

3336

Some boxes were easy to find – others not so much.

3337

The girls got beautiful fairy beads along with some sweets and $ coins.

3323

Their little treasure boxes could hardly be sat down.  Again and again they would admire their shiny new gifts.

3349

The Leprechauns even left a box for me.  And among the goodies was a new clover fairy for my garden.

3350

All in all it was an enchanting day.  With the smell of prairie clover wafting through the home.

3366

And clover blossoms bursting forth in new spring glory.

3360  

I couldn’t help but make myself some more Mint Limeade and sit with my kids and watch my favorite Irish movies.

Darby O’ Gill and the Little People & The Secret of Roan Inish.

 3378

Hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day and here’s to Magical  Good Luck throughout the coming year.

   3363

Keep your eye’s open for I’ve a green give-away coming up soon.

7 comments:

Sara said...

The fairies and leprechauns don't know how to get to my house---despite the Irish last name!

Beth said...

Wow! What lucky kids to have a visit from leprechauns, and to have such a magical mommy! The leprechauns at our house just play tricks on us like turning our Irish oatmeal green when we stir it, and the milk green when we pour it into our glasses.

Trena Doll said...

Thanks for giving the leprechauns my address. You'll be glad to know that they were very well behaved and didn't seem to cause any mischief while they were here, but did leave some lovely things behind.

Shannon said...

I love that Darby is on the TV in the pic! What a fun house you have! Can I come by?

I've tagged you in a gamey-game. Take part - if you dare.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

what a magical day! and I love your four leaf clovers!
~Missy

Shawnee said...

You have a tutorial that would be PERFECT for a swap I'm hosting. Will you please email me at shawneeh@yahoo.com? Thanks!!

RavenM said...

Sounds like so much fun!