It’s happened again. This time my friend Joni from college, who found me last month after nearly 20 years out of touch, gave me a little blog thingy.
As always there are a few little RULES to me accepting this here little honor. And since I crave a pat on the back every now and then I’ll be good and follow the rules. They are as follows.
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
I thought I’d keep you in suspense on who my lucky brillant seven ladies are and thought I’d give you 10 honest things about myself.
1. I’m a freaking yeller (have I tarnished my glowing image that you have of me yet?) Didn't holler today though - I whispered. Which is why I'm venting in this post now.
Every now and then I try the whispering technique to get my kids attention and they just don’t hear me. Or they scream in my face, while I whisper. Or they get this shocked look on their face like, ‘Who are you and what have you done with my mean mother.’ Don’t know where I picked up the nasty habit of yelling, didn’t grow up in a home where it was present, but I’m trying to get rid of it. Yesterday Hope was playing with her dolls and she had her mommy doll yelling at the baby doll. O.K. so I really need to work on this one.
2. I’m a freaking weight-loss hypocrite. That sixty pounds I lost two years ago. It’s sneaking back. I’ve gained half of it back. and 24 of it since November. I’d like to blame it on the stress of the whole house falling apart and dealing with a O.D.D. Bi-polar teenage child. Truth is, I turn to this…
when I’m feeling this…
Princess asked if I was pregnant. Yes she did! So I think I’ll have to get this shirt.
That’s o.k though because all my clothes are busting at the seams. I am working on it though. I’ve exercised an average of 5 days a week for the past three weeks and I’m trying to work on the whole compulsive eating thing. Why couldn’t my addiction be that of a compulsive cleaner instead.
3. I STILL addicted to…
Even going to the midnight DVD release at Borders on the 20th.
4. And because of my addictions I see a counselor.
I call her Young and Gorgeous because she is! Better yet she doesn’t call me a fruitcake to my face.
5. One of the books I picked up from the library this week is…
I’ll let you know how this book is as soon as I finish.
6. The other book called.
7. Sick of my negative honesty. Here’s a change. I’m fairly good at creativity and crafty stuff. Most things I can figure out by just looking at them and trying to recreate. Don’t ya just hate me for that. Everything except knitting. Someday I’ll pay someone to teach me how to knit.
8. Holiday traditions are huge around our home. Love sewing costumes for Halloweens, helping the Leprechauns visit for St. Patrick's Day and we celebrate Easter for an entire week. I just love Holidays.
9. And even though my kids drive me to eating – I love them to pieces! Especially when they say Thanks Mom! or I Love you,’ or squeak out something cute like this. I threw down Chicken enchilada's for dinner tonight and Hope took one look at it and said, ‘Ewwwww, that’s yucky. I don’t want any.’
So of course I had her say the blessing on the food and reminded her that she needed to ask Heavenly Father to help her eat her food and help it taste o.k.
She said the prayer and near the end asked that God would make her food happy. Apparently it worked because she chowed it down and said, ‘It’s a miracle, it tastes happy.’
Now if only I could have my O.D.D. child pray for making his homework happy.
10. I married the most awesome Prince in the world. He never yells at me or puts me down in any way. Sometimes he’ll make suggestions on ways I can cheer myself up but he never criticizes me even when I’m definitely wrong. And he cooks. And cooks good. How lucky am I? Sorry ladies he’s all mine. I’d be stupid to let him go.
Well there you have it – 10 honest things about me. And the honest recipients of this little blog ditty….
This is the hardest part because there are so many deserving Here’s 7 I go back to again and again and again.