Saturday, March 7, 2009

There’s Magic in the Air.

I just found out that the magical goodies Princess and I crafted for our last swap arrived safe and sound. Princess and I lucked out and happened to have the delightful Beth and her daughter for our swap partners in the Pixie Wand & Luck of the Fae Fairy Swap hosted by the creative genius Fairy Child Heirlooms Weblog.

I’ve never made a fairy doll before so it was quite the learning experience. You wouldn’t believe how much I learned and I’m eager to try creating another one soon – with tutorial, if I can.

My favorite part was the Wands. I had a really hard time letting go of the one I made for Beth.

2964

I wood burned a rose vine and this quote from William Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’.

Hand in hand, with fairy grace,
Will we sing, and bless this place.

2966

I've posted a wand tutorial on my Mommy Blessing Page if you want to try something similar yourselves.

Here is the wand I helped Princess make for her friend.

2967

She did all the painting work.

2009 - winter 262

Her sister Lea helped with the smaller details.

2971

She also sent these goodies with a pixie pouch.

2975

My swap partner received a brand new fairy.

2960

Along with petal skirt, golden locks of hair.

2954

And wings made out of my secret craft obsession. Who would have thought that dollar store Bend-able cutting boards could be so versatile.

2959

I’ve made Good Witch Glenda’s crown, the Tin man's Tin Suit and now fairy wings out of it.

Here’s the rest of the magical package, pixie dust included, that I sent to Beth. I know my fairy will find her home absolutely delightful.

2963

Magical happy wishes to both Beth and her daughter and to you all.

6 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Wow Fawn! Now you know you've got to make another one of those wands for yourself, just to carry around with you.

Anonymous said...

everything is so magical and beautiful! I never would've thought to make fairy wings out of a flexible cutting board (thanks for the tip) it was a pleasure having you participate in the swap :)
~Missy

RavenM said...

Wow! Beautiful stuff fawn:) Looks like a lot of fun.

Shannon said...

Fawn,

Thanks so much for your best wishes. Means a lot.

I actually have had you in mind for one of my projects. Could you sew something (or two) for me for a price?

E-mail me if you can.
shannon@gggcakes.com

Thanks again,
S

Anonymous said...

Hi stumbled into your magic world and just want to say I love it. Will come back soon!

Natalia said...

We will absolutely be doing this this very weekend!!! Just awesome!!!

Thanks so much for the inspiration,

Nat :)