So I have to admit that I have a really big head. It's genetic. I come from a whole line of big heads. Finding a hat that fits is nigh near impossible.
In fact the standard (one-size-fits-all) witch hat I bought for my Halloween costume wouldn't stay on. It kept popping off due to the fact that it was too small or my head was just so darn huge.
There's nothing I can do about it. I will always have a huge noggin'. It's o.k. because I'm not much of a hat wearer anyway. I have too much (thicker than a horses tail) hair. Maybe if I shaved it all off I'd have a better chance of some hats fitting. But I don't think that would be too pretty.
So I'd like to take a moment to thank all my blog friends who just made my honkin' head swell even more. Well, to be honest, they gave me these awards a while back. I'm just good at procrastinating too.
So without further delay. My blog twin Sara of A Shower of Roses awarded me with this lovely treat.
and like her, I'm sharing it with three lovely ladies who have lovely smacked all over their blogs.
2. Honey Mommy - well she's a gem this one is. And with everyone calling her Honey how couldn't she be lovely?
3. And Mommy Snark who kindly reminds me that there isn't much fun to life if you aren't willing to laugh at yourself
And if that wasn't enough Debi of Who Says Eight is Enough gave me this fitting blog award a couple of months ago.
Fitting because I spell about as good as the award does. Fortunately for me I've got several people who have a greater command of the English language and thankfully alert me to my slothful grammer ways. So I try and correct the mistakes before the bigger blogging world catches on.
Now there are rules for this little gem are as follows:
List six things that make you happy.
Pass the award along to six more bloggers.
O.K. - Six Things:
Ok, not going to give the typical answers and will take a cue from Debi and go for the less obvious as you all know that family, friends, God, etc would be on the list :)
1. An addictive book, and the peace and quite to read it.
2. Weeding. Yes I know I'm strange. I get this from my Farmgirl upbringing. And I can't wait until it's warm enough to get some real dirt under my fingernails. I'm good at weeding, it's the growing stuff I struggle with.
3. Virgin Pina Coloda. Some day I'll drink while sitting on a sandy beach. I know all about getting caught in the rain too.
4. Any finished craft, sewing, home repair project. With the emphasis on the word FINISHED. Love feeling like I accomplished something especially if it was a really difficult one.
5. Hugs, I love you's, and especially THANK YOU Mommy (You Rock) from my kiddo's.
6. Doing something for the first time. I love Fawndear Firsts. Some of the first's I want to try this year are: Get this - A Manicure (Can you believe I've never had one) and...
Wait for it...
A Marathon (Yes, I know I'm insane and will probably need a wheelchair recovery) but I really think I can do it. Although I may set a record for the slowest Marathon to date.
O.K. enough about me.
Here are my six picks for charming and Kreativ Blogs. I could probably go on into the Hundreds of people I felt deserving of Kreativ. Here are some of my favorites.
1. Aunt Pitty Pat - I'm currently participating in her Kisses and Hearts Apron Swap. She must be the queen of swaps. That and I love the humor she throw's into her projects.
2. Tink - Straight from Neverland with enough pixie charm to nab a pirate. Tink keeps my in stitches, and tears and inspired. She also has an amazing Healing for Life Blog as well. I do believe in fairies. I do - I do!
3. A Fanciful Twist's blog is the place I go to escape reality. I especially loved her Gypsy Magic Post and am determined to make my own someday, um, when the liquid sunshine let's up and the weather decides it's time for summer already.
4. Pleasant View Schoolhouse shares my love of thrifting, re-
purposing loving and finding beauty in the simple things. I just love how Kreativ she is.
5. Folk Artist Carolee Clark from King of Mice Studios is just so darn Kreativ I couldn't leave her off my list. Some day I'll pick up my old Tole painting tools and give a wack at a piece of wood. Maybe even call myself clever if I can pull off something half as pretty as her's.
6. The Handmade Quilt-er is rounding off my list. I get inspired to pull something out to sew every time I view her blog. She once even gave a quilt away. How generous and Kreativ is that?
So take a minute out of your busy, crazy and Kreativ lives and check out these talented ladies.
Now I need to go wrap my head in hot towels to see if I can relieve it's swelling.